More than 5,600 people are expected in New Orleans next week to influence where the industry is going with technology. A good portion of the exhibit floor will include startup companies with hopes of taking unique applications to the next level alongside those long time established vendors that will want to show off what they are doing today to address the needs of their customers. Most of those exhibiting are somewhere between these two groups and to see them all in one place is what makes HITEC special. There are educational sessions over four days to address pretty much every aspect of technology. Many executives participating on these panels will share what they are doing today along with what needs to be done as technology continues to impact their business. Yes, much of HITEC is all about learning and sharing.
Then there is the other side of HITEC, where those of us in the industry have an opportunity to connect with those we have known for so many years. I can’t remember the last time we at Hospitality Upgrade and Hotel Online have been invited to so many parties – divide and conquer will be our goal this year. If you need suggestions as to which parties to attend, please come see us at booth No. 457 and we will help out. Speaking of parties and the social aspect of HITEC, I hope everybody comes to the John Cahill Memorial Reception at 5 p.m. (CT) on Wednesday at the convention center room R03. Even if you didn’t know John, the growth of HFTP and HITEC can be directly related to his industry leadership and you will meet many industry leaders who have been influenced by John. I hope to see you there.
One other place I hope to see you is at our WOW session at 4 p.m. on Tuesday. We have a fantastic panel and are attempting a surprise to kick it off. Sometimes these surprises work, sometimes they don’t, but we always try. Over the years I have been amazed as the audience in many of the sessions has included many who are exhibiting at HITEC. It is a great place to learn, but in addition many attendees that vendors are trying to meet at HITEC end up interacting somewhere other than on the exhibit floor. I expect this trend to continue at many of the educational sessions.
Many of us will be running back and forth between HITEC and HSMAI’s ROC, which overlaps on Wednesday this year. HSMAI ROC is also at the Ernest N Morial convention center, Great Hall B, which is close to the HITEC exhibit hall. ROC keeps growing every year and Hospitality Upgrade has always partnered with HSMAI for the event. A big thank you to HFTP and HSMAI for having both events in the convention center this year. We do enough walking HITEC week. This is very much appreciated!
Yes, next week is a week of very long days and little sleep. While every HITEC is like that, it is especially true in New Orleans. I hope that those of you attending HITEC will stop by our booth No. 457. There should be a great deal of activity there with more than 35 executives agreeing to do three-minute videos with us and we expect that number to grow. If you would like to be involved, come by and ask. Also, if you don’t get our Watercooler e-newsletter that comes out every two weeks, please sign up at http://www.hospitalityupgrade.com/Subscribe. We will be sending one out from the HITEC floor on Wednesday with a unique show update. Come by and add your two cents along with sharing your HITEC experience. We will make it fun!
Here now is Dan Phillips with the latest technology happenings in the industry. I will see you at the end with this week’s attempt at you-know-what. I also hope to see many of you in New Orleans next week. My last piece of advice is this: Pace yourself! It is one long week!
Well, HITEC is just a weekend away. We have more than 400 companies exhibiting and I hope for many, many attendees. As always I am really looking forward to this year’s HITEC. My calendar is filling up and my plans always include walking the floor, hopefully at least twice during the show.
Is PMS going to be the talk of the show? Is messaging going to be the buzz? Will the HSIA vendors have something to catch our ear? What about in-room entertainment? Press releases and invitations are filling up everyone’s inbox, promising the latest and greatest. These are exciting times.
I hope to meet a lot of old friends and to meet many new ones. If you see me walking by, please stop me to say hello. Please travel safely to and fro and let’s have a great conference.
- DANNI Enterprises Forms Consultant Group Acutely Focused on the Hotel Industry, Assembles Stellar Team - The Rainmaker Group Appoints David O’Donohoe as SVP, Hospitality Sales - RoamBOOST Hires Project Managers to Boost Expertise in the Field - RoamingAround Adds to Its Executive Team - Lodging Interactive Promotes Key Operations Staff and Continues to Focus on Growth - Interstate Hotels & Resorts Promotes Jane Blake as Chief Human Resources Officer - Kokua Hospitality Names Kirk Pederson as the Company’s President - Scandic Hotels Recruits eBay’s Maria Andersson as New Director of E-commerce and Marketing -----------------------------
- KwaTaqNuk Resort and Casino Partners with Agilysys to Streamline Operations and Enhance Guest Service - Cenium to Showcase Latest Offering at HITEC 2016 - Indra Seeing Swift Global Expansion - Maestro PMS Demos Tablet Capabilities, Mobile Guest Engagement Tools at HITEC - Springer-Miller Partners with FreedomPay - StayNTouch Partners with Valencia Hotel Group - StayNTouch Helps First Zoku Redefine the Guest Experience -----------------------------
- DerbySoft Launches MetaSearch Manager 2.0 - Real Hospitality Group Selects SHR’s WindsurferCRS Platform - SiteMinder Secures Deal with Largest Apartment Hotels Brand in Australasia - ZUMATA Taps IBM Watson to Enhance the Online Hotel Booking Experience --------------------------
- IDeaS Launches Ideal Pricing for Hoteliers -------------------------- IDeaS Launches Ideal Pricing for Hoteliers IDeaS Revenue Solutions, a leading provider of revenue management software solutions and advisory services, announced its new Ideal Pricing feature collection. Using advanced SAS® analytics, the new Ideal Pricing functionality provides hoteliers more choice, flexibility and control to select the pricing methodology that fits their business and maximizes revenue strategy. http://www.ideas.com **
- NAVIS Previews Revolutionary New Tech Stack at HITEC 2016 - HeBS Digital Celebrates 15 Years of Building ‘Book Direct’ Strategies for Hoteliers --------------------------- NAVIS Previews Revolutionary New Tech Stack at HITEC 2016 NAVIS, a sales and marketing platform for independent hotels, resorts and management companies, will provide a sneak peek of its highly anticipated new tech stack architecture at the 2016 Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition and Conference (HITEC). As a featured exhibitor, NAVIS will be offering an exclusive preview of its latest cutting-edge advancements and revenue performance solutions at booth No. 539. http://www.TheNavisWay.com ** HeBS Digital Celebrates 15 Years of Building ‘Book Direct’ Strategies for Hoteliers Fifteen years ago, HeBS Digital was born as one of the first hotel digital technology and marketing firms with a “Book Direct” mantra. Today, HeBS Digital, a leading hotel digital technology, full-service digital marketing and website revenue optimization firm, is celebrating its heritage of helping thousands of hotel clients maximize revenues from the direct online channel – their property website – since 2001. http://www.hebsdigital.com **
- TRUMP HOTELS to Launch New Technology-centric Brand Concept - ADB to Unveil Reinvented ITV Platform at HITEC - GuestTek Wins Close to Home - Honeywell to Make Connected Guest Presentation at HITEC in New Orleans - Hoteles Misión and Intelity Launch Mexican Hotel Brand App - Intelity Introduces Tablet for the Full and Limited-service Hospitality Segments - iRiS Chosen by AccorHotels to Deliver Mobile Guest Experience Solution for Its Global Hotel Network - citizenM partners with iRiS Software Systems - Kube Systems to Unveil Value Priced, In-room Charging That Powers All Devices at HITEC - MCOM HOTstream Selected by the Luxury Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Hotel in Dubai
- PhoneSuite DIRECT Introduces Managed VOICE VoIP PBX - Samsung Brings Smart TV Capabilities to More Hotels - TeleAdapt to Launch RoomCast powered by Chromecast at HITEC - The Grand Hotel & Spa, York Improves Guest Satisfaction with Technology Upgrade From Acentic - Ariane Systems' Integration with Checkmate Provides Streamlined Hotel Communications and Guest Self Check-in Convenience - Bartech Introduces New Wireless eTray to Maximize Hotel Revenue and Guest Convenience - Bittel to Debut Hassle-free, Affordable Media-Casting to Guestroom TVs at HITEC - Flyte Systems Forms Alliance with Hospitality Partner to Smooth the Travel Experience in the Scandinavian Market - Mobile Message Manager Tops Flyte Systems®’ Digital Signage Lineup at HITEC - SONIFI® Solutions and Single Digits Expand Partnership to Enhance and Accelerate Deployment of SoniCast™ In-Room Casting Solution --------------------------
- Guestware to Exhibit its Latest Mobile Chat Functionality at HITEC 2016 -------------------------- Guestware to Exhibit its Latest Mobile Chat Functionality at HITEC 2016 Guestware, a comprehensive and flexible guest experience management software, will be demonstrating its latest mobile chat functionality in booth No. 825 at HITEC in New Orleans, June 21-23. Guestware Mobile Chat gives hotel guests the flexibility to communicate directly with associates via mobile device before, during or post-stay. http://www.guestware.com **
- ALICE Connects Guests, Hotel Operations at San Diego’s Paradise Point, A Destination Hotel - NYC’s Hôtel Americano Partners with ALICE - hospitalityPulse Setting New Standards for Hospitality Technology Platforms - HotelTap Analytics Dashboard Helps Hoteliers Pinpoint and Resolve Issues and Complaints - OPTii Solutions, Inc. Establishes Worldwide Headquarters in Las Vegas - ProfitSword’s Growth Expands from 2,000 to 3,000 Hotels in Just One Year, Fueled by Industry Leading Analytics - SnapShot Analytics Platform Goes Public In Time For HITEC 2016 --------------------------
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Selects InvoTech Uniform Management System -------------------------- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Selects InvoTech Uniform Management System InvoTech Systems Inc. announced the recent implementation of its Uniform System at the luxurious Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. InvoTech Systems is a leading provider of advanced linen management, laundry and uniform systems that integrate the latest RFID technology to increase profitability for hotels, resorts, casino operators, sports arenas, convention centers and theme parks. The InvoTech System installed at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is for managing employee uniform inventory and accountability with employees and the laundry. http://www.invotech.com **
- Blueprint RF Reaches Settlement with Nomadix in Gateway Server Litigation - RoamingAround is Making Hotel Wi-Fi Profitable with Location-based Services - EMD + HIDI Alliance Bringing the Best of AV + IT to HITEC ---------------------------
- Agilysys Executive Ravi Angadi to Moderate Panel at HITEC 2016 - VENZA to Partner with Security Standards Council to Improve Data Security Worldwide - VENZA Debuts Latest Hospitality Security Innovations at HITEC 2016 --------------------------
- Expressway Inn Bismarck Adapts to Evolving Travel Trends with Rollout of ASSA ABLOY Hospitality Mobile Access - Kaba Presents its Saflok Next-Generation Software, AMBIANCE™ at HITEC - SALTO Systems to Introduce Several BLE-Enabled Access Control Innovations at HITEC - Surf & Sand Resort Elevates Guest Experience with OpenKey Traveler smartphone is now universal key - HÄFELE and INTEREL Announce Bluetooth-Based Door Lock and Guestroom Control Integration for Hospitality ---------------------------
-Xeros Expands Eco-Friendly Near-Waterless Laundry System Further in Caribbean --------------------------- Xeros Expands Eco-Friendly Near-Waterless Laundry System Further in Caribbean Xeros, the inventor of an ultra-low water laundry system, announced that it has signed a $500,000 (US) deal with commercial launderer Scarab Group in St. Thomas for its award-winning polymer bead cleaning laundry system. In one of the largest laundry deals on St. Thomas this year, the Scarab Group replaced all of its conventional washers with Xeros laundry systems to reduce its water and energy costs without sacrificing the quality of service to its luxury hotel customers. Based in St. Thomas, the sustainably focused Scarab Group provides laundry services to the majority of hotels across the island. http://www.xeroscleaning.com **
INNOVATORS AND STARTUPS
- HFTP Announces 22 Mentors for Entrepreneur 20X Pitch Competition at HITEC 2016 -------------------------- HFTP Announces 22 Mentors for Entrepreneur 20X Pitch Competition at HITEC 2016 Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®), producer of Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition and Conference (HITECSM), is excited to announce the hospitality technology professionals that will offer their time and expertise as industry mentors at the returning Entrepreneur 20X (E20X) start-up pitch competition. Seventeen participating, unfunded startup companies will have one-on-one consultations with a paired mentor the morning of Mon., June 20. http://www.hftp.org **
- HSMAI’s ROC Americas Coming to New Orleans - HX Partners with New York City Hospitality Alliance to Expand Foodservice Segment of Trade Show - HFTP Global Vice President, Lyle Worthington, CHTP Selected as Keynote Speaker for iHITA 2016 Annual Conference -------------------------
LATEST HOTEL and HOSPITALITY TECHNOLOGY NEWS and TRENDS
Hospitality Upgrade by Siegel Communications, Inc. Located in Roswell, Georgia
Siegel Communications, Inc. | Hospitality Upgrade 678.802.5300 | 70 Mansell Court, Suite 225, Roswell, GA