For La Quinta, Cleaning Up After Smokers is Now Easy and Cheap

  • Titanium Systems, LLC
  • 12.09.08
It happens every day, especially in cold weather - a smoker is assigned to a non-smoking room, and lights up anyway.

General Manager Michael Donovan of La Quinta Buffalo Airport N.Y. is successfully solving this problem with a new product called Room Shocker, sold by Titanium Systems, LLC of Tampa, Fla. “We have used a multitude of other methods including sprays, ozone and fogging and the Room Shocker is by far my favorite,” he said. “The numerous benefits of the product is that it is easy to use, we are able to return a room in five hours and the best part - it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.”

Room Shocker consists of a disposable plastic cup and a packet of ingredients. The user simply places the packet into the cup with 1/4 of an inch of warm tap water, and leaves the room. In about five minutes Room Shocker begins to emit safe levels of chlorine dioxide vapor, which breaks down all organic odor molecules in the room, including cigarette smoke odor molecules. The vapor is also an effective disinfectant, and kills all bacteria, mold and mildew that might be in the room.

Since it is a vapor, it gets deep into all fibers, fabrics, cracks and crevasses where sprays and foggers can’t reach. Yet it is completely safe for all surfaces and materials, even woods and textiles.

After treating the room for four hours, the user simply enters the room, removes the spent Room Shocker and ventilates the room for about an hour, to air out the slight chlorine odor remaining. In five hours the room can be ready for guests.



want to read more articles like this?

want to read more articles like this?

Sign up to receive our twice-a-month Watercooler and Siegel Sez Newsletters and never miss another article or news story.